Living in the pandemic era where all members of the family are busy in their own rooms, tabletop or board games are one of the best ways of gathering together as a family. You can, as a result, enjoy the experience away from your respective screens.
Board games rely mainly on strategy and thinking over impulsive reactions and this makes them a great option that appeals to a wide range of groups.
Are you a massive Star Trek fan? If yes, you’re here for some useful information on the best Star Trek board games. Check them out as they’re surely going to make you feel a part of the Star Trek world.
Best 10 Star Trek Board Games
STAR TREK CATAN
The best thing about this board game is that it offers you the best of both worlds – Settlers of Catan and Star Trek. In case you’re a fan of both, you’ll be amazed at how this game combines the best of both, letting you indulge in two spheres at once.
As the game needs 2-3 players, you won’t have to run after people to play with you. Once you set up the game, you will simply love the figurines and the perfectly designed board.
- Can be played with few players
- Includes features of Catan and Star Trek
- Character cards add a new element to the game
- Beautiful pieces
- Short duration game
- Initially, the game seems a bit confusing for the players to learn
STAR TREK ASCENDANCY
In this game, you are allowed to select to play as one of the three famous races from the series, Klingon, the Federation, or Romulans. This board game is ideal for the fans of the franchise who wish to share their love for stories with others.
The board of this game is one of the most amazing aspects. The board expands when you play and hence each game has distinguishable features.
This is not a game that you may get bored of as it is different every time. Just as the spirit of the show, you’ll get a chance to explore both the universe.
- Ideal for seasoned fans who want to introduce new people to Star Trek
- Allows you to choose from 3 various beloved factions, each have their personal features
- Two games won’t ever be the same
- The cards and pieces are detailed properly
- Learning and completing the game can take a long time
STAR TREK – FIVE YEAR MISSION
If you’re looking for a game to be played among larger groups of people, Star Trek: Five Year Mission would be the best one for you. This game supports up to 7 players.
The duration of each session lasts around 30-45 minutes and in a single night, you can fit in more than one session. Or if needed, you can even swap it with some other game.
- The box is compact and hence can be stored easily
- Supports up to 7 players
- Is pretty reasonable
- Has nice colorful cards
- Evokes cooperation among players
- Depends on dice rolls and random shuffles and so a lot depends on luck rather than skill
STAR TREK RISK
While there are several Star Trek-themed board games that you’ll get but not all can make you feel a part of the Star Trek lore. Star Trek Risk is one such game that brings together Captain Kirk, Sisko, Picard, Archer, and Janeway. Each player gets a chance to choose their preferred era.
The rules are similar to the usual Risk game but have few tweaks. It has to be played with a shrewd strategy which means that it is not too imposing for those who are new to board games. At the same time, it is a bit complex.
Each character needs a specific skill set and you also have to complete quests if you wish to control all territories.
- Easy for beginners
- Nice and interesting board
- Doesn’t take long to set up
- Sometimes need a complex strategy to play
Star Trek Panic
If you’re looking for a game that will tone down the competition, Star Trek Panic is the one for you. With few people in your group, this happens to be a fantastic choice.
In this game, you and your friends will play as crew members of the USS Enterprise. The goal is to work in cooperation with each other to safeguard the ship from different obstacles. If one fails, all may fail and the same is true with winning.
- Has a mini model of USS enterprise
- Cooperative gameplay
- Supports around 6 players
- You may on your own
- The game is a bit too simple for experienced gamers
STAR TREK TNG FLUXX
You may think we’re cheating by adding this game as it is more of a card game than a board game. Star Trek TNG Fluxx is a game that you can’t predict. The result will be different for every session.
As the pieces are cards, there is no complex setup involved. You won’t have to spend several hours setting it up and putting it away once it’s finished.
- Each game is different from the last
- No lengthy setup process
- Ideal for adults and kids
- Easy and light to store
- Not a game to choose when you’re looking for something to play for hours
STAR TREK – THE NEXT GENERATION CHESS SET
This game will give you a futuristic twist to this classic game. This is a chess set where the pieces are modeled to look like ships and characters from the series. The detailed pieces come safely in a durable package. You don’t have to think of the board getting damaged.
- Strategic and classic gameplay
- Pieces are detailed
- Easy storage slots
- Board can look like outer space
- It’s just chess, nothing new
- Allows just 2 players
STAR TREK FLEET CAPTAINS
This is a game that mainly deals with ships from a series. Hence, in case you’re a spaceship fan, this is the ideal one for you. You can be totally in control of the Federation or Klingon Fleet.
As and when you select your fleet, you’ll get to choose from 12 varieties of ships during the game. This is a game that supports a wide range of gameplay structures. You can either take your rival directly or focus on completing missions of the board to win the battle.
- Concentrates on the ships from the show
- Lets you confront the competitors
- Includes detailed models of ships
- Can be played with 2-4 players
- Few are of the opinion that the cards are too flimsy and thin
- You may take some time to read the rules and understand them
STAR TREK FRONTIERS
There are times when you would only like to sit calmly with a board game without the requirement of coordinating with too many friends. If you’re looking for a game where you don’t have to speak with others, Star Trek frontiers is certainly a great choice.
This game can be played by 1-4 people and if needed, you may even choose a session to be played by yourself. When you can’t get others to agree on playing the same board game, this is the best choice for you.
The best thing about this game is that it comes in various situations. You are allowed to play this board game either cooperatively or competitively depending on the mood in which you and your friends are.
- You can play it by yourself or with a group of people
- Extremely lightweight
- Has beautiful and colorful pieces
- Has board game and deck-building components
- Setting up the game takes time
WIZKIDS STAR TREK – GALACTIC ENTERPRISE
The Wizkids Star Trek game seems to be ideal for someone who has got a great business sense. In this game, you have to play the role of a Ferengi shopkeeper who is trying to peddle the wares on Deep Space 9.
Your aim is to buy supplies that you have to sell and then turn to make a profit from those supplies. Similarly, the other gamers will have to buy similar supplies and try to undercut you.
- Lets you play with around 3-8 people
- Competitive gameplay and an amazing bargain
- One session gets ends within 45 minutes
- The game needs a minimum of 3 people to play
- Some opined that few of the pieces were tough to read
Therefore, now that you’re aware of the names of the Star Trek-inspired board games, what are you waiting for? Dive into the universe of Star Trek and enjoy the session of games with your family members.
We hope we’ve been able to show you a few of the most interesting options that you can bring to your tabletop. If you ask us our recommendation, we recommend Star Trek Catan as this is one of the most strategic games on the list.