It can’t be denied that we all love games like Charades. No wonder at any family get-together or social event, the first game that we suggest is most often Charades.
Both Charades and Heads Up are two popular games that can break the ice, bring down everyone to a relaxing mood and create an environment that is filled with laughter, fun, and great bonding. What more would you want on a game night with your loved ones?
But if you’re someone who wishes to bring about a twist to the game nights by looking for alternatives to Charades, here are 10 names that you can go with. Keep reading.
Board games to play if you like Charades
- This is a fast-paced and speedy game that takes near about 20 minutes to play. Hence this is not a long game. It is a great game for players who are always in a hurry.
- The game has more than 280 cards in it and is therefore perfect for playing continuously.
- You can play back-to-back rounds in case the players are interested in enjoying more of the game. There’s no boredom in this game.
- Hoopla has perfect photography on the cards and this turns to play the game into a great experience to develop bonds.
- Can be played by 2 players but works great for bigger groups too.
- The instructions of the game are simple to understand and hence teens usually enjoy the game.
- Players work together to build sound effects for their performances.
- A game of Hoopla takes about 20 minutes to play, making it a perfect game for quick weeknight fun; or play a couple of rounds of Hoopla for longer weekend game times
- With rich photographs on each card, Cranium Hoopla offers an opportunity to connect with friends and family through shared moments and memories
- Product Components: Cranium Hoopla includes more than 280 Hoopla cards, a 15-minute countdown timer, a 10-sided die, 3 wild tokens, a pad and pencil, and the rules sheet.
- For 2 or more players, adults and teens.
- This game has 5000 various words and phrases which the players need to enact for the remaining team members to guess.
- Rules are highly simple and the game can be understood by anyone of any age.
- There is an in-built time tracker for the players that will buzz when time is out. There won’t be any argument about whether or not the players may continue acting.
- The word that has to be acted out is there on the game and hence players will know instantly what to enact.
- The game is very easy to handle and it passes from one person to another, making it great for the players who play the speedy round.
- The scores of both teams are maintained digitally and this can be viewed with the tap of a button.
- 5,000 words and phrases
- Timer keeps track and buzzes when a team's out of time
- Word and scores of each team appear in the display area
- Includes game unit and instructions.
- Electronic Catchphrase game challenges teams to guess words and phrases
Times Up! Title Recall!
- In this game, the players have to guess the titles of songs, books, and films.
- During the game, one player gets their teammates to predict the titles through the course of 3 rounds.
- The game needs players to focus on each other and also be eager to enact the words which they wish to portray.
- Players have to alternate playing the role of a team leader and this means that everyone will get a chance to enact the words for their team.
- The first round of the game comprises of the player trying to make their team members guess titles within 30 seconds with any clue. The second round lets one word per clue and in the third round, players won’t use any words at all.
- Gameplay is pretty fast and doesn’t have too much downtime.
- The hottest party game just got hotter!
- Minutes to learn, Easy to Play in Groups. For 3+
- Winner of over 20 awards including Mensa select and game of the year
- Huge number of names included to ensure constant variety in play
- New expansion packs coming soon!
- This is a fast-moving game that needs players to draw the picture on the card which they have drawn or enacted.
- The game comes with all the pieces which you require drawing over without having to waste paper.
- This is a great option for players who are not comfortable getting up in front of gatherings.
- The game has 80 junior cards and 120 adult cards and this means that the game can be enjoyed by players of all ages without the younger ones feeling left out.
- Scoring is easy and hence there are no chances of arguments among players.
- Players draw and guess taking turns and guessing the thing that is being drawn. So, everyone in the game has various roles to play.
- It is perfect for bigger groups.
- The classic quick-draw game since 1985
- You don’t have to be an artist; in fact, if you “can’t draw,” the game can be even funnier
- Two levels of clues (120 Adult, 80 Junior) make this a great game for kids and adults
- Includes two erasable makers, erasable boards for drawing and an updated category of clues
- Get together with friends to find out who's an artist and who really isn't!
- In this game, players try to match the symbols that are there on cards and offer examples of the categories which are there on the cards of the opponents.
- This game can be learned easily and it is a great option for young children as there’s no adult content in the game.
- Players need to shout out answers and they require making sure that they are heard in order to gain points which they deserve.
- Rounds just take 20-30 minutes and this makes the game easy to enjoy.
- Each player has to draw a card and places the card face-up on the table, showing different symbols.
- When two symbols match, the players need to give examples of items in various categories without repeating the ones that are already mentioned.
- QUICKWITS CARD GAME: Fast paced adult party game for parties, game nights, and drinking sessions.
- OBJECTIVE: Win more cards than your friends. Quickwits is easy to learn (in any state) and turns unexpectedly dirty faster than you think.
- For Ages 17+ so you may not want to play with grandma
- QUICK ROUNDS: 20-30 minute rounds. Play with 3 or more players. 150 high quality cards.
- PLAY RESPONSIBLY: Not for the faint of heart, the uptight and those with weak bladders.
- This game contains 320 cards and hence the game can be played for a long span of time.
- Offers high replay value as there are many cards which means that you can play and shuffle without worrying for the same people.
- The game challenges all players to hilarious charades and high speed.
- The game includes cards with varying levels of challenge, easy-medium-hard. This is a game that young members of the family can enjoy without stress.
- Perfect game for 4 or more players and there is no cap on how people can enjoy the game
- The action time pops up the cards which people need to act out and then get back the card if there are many who don’t guess fast.
- Time ticks to allow people to know the time they take to drop back the card.
- Ditch the TV, and re-ignite family night with the get-together amusement of a Hasbro game
- Party it up, and surprise guests at your next event with laugh-out-loud game from Hasbro Gaming
- Nostalgic tabletop gameplay meets interactive digital content for an immersive gaming experience
- Hasbro Gaming imagines and produces games that are perfect for every age, taste, and event
- Guesstures game challenges you to hilarious, high-speed Charades
- Players in this game can show off their talents when they participate in various categories including Star Performer, Creative Cat, Word Worm, and Data Head.
- Players get to choose the category in which they wish to compete, try to complete the challenge which is offered to them.
- There are 600 cards in this game and this means you can play several games back-to-back without having to see the same cards twice.
- In this game, players can be divided into teams and there is little pressure on players who are not feeling confident regarding their abilities.
- Players take turns showing off and displaying their talents and they try to guess what the other player is singing. This is a fun-bonding game and the teams can be made weaker or stronger by the best pairing.
- Players can show off their talents
- Move around the board completing activities in 4 fun categories
- Featuring word play, sketching, sleuthing, acting, and more
- Play in teams
- Includes 600 cards, 4 movers, Cranium Clay, timer, die, 1 notepad, and instructions
- The game demands players to assume various identities, depending on the cards which they receive and then they figure out the identities of other players.
- Players work to receive as much gold as they can by deceiving or by speaking the truth. The player with maximum gold till the end wins the game.
- As players can alter identities during the game, it can be difficult for players to determine who their friends are.
- Once their turn is gone, players can either speak the truth about who they are to activate the power of the character, secretly look at the card which they have, or swap with another player.
- Players have to be focused on being in character and try to keep other players from finding out the truth about who they are in reality.
- A game of bluffs and characters
- For 2 to 13 players
- Playable in 30 minutes
- A game of bluffs and characters
- For 2 to 13 players
- Rather than having just one person to act the clue on the card, an entire team has to work to act for one person who is able to guess.
- Reduces the stress which people feel when they are at the right place trying to act out charades.
- The time taken to set up and clean up the game is pretty fast, hence the game is easy to understand.
- Players take turns guessing and acting and thanks to the fast pace of the game, that players won’t get bored of the game.
- The game acts as an icebreaker for parties and it can be used by large groups without any issue.
- With 500 phrases and words to act out, it is easy to see how the game has high replay value.
- CHARADES WITH A TWIST: In Reverse Charades, instead of the team guessing what a player is acting out, it’s reversed – teams act out the word, while a team member guesses. Reverse Charades is the game that literally gets everybody in on the act!
- FAST-PACED PARTY GAME: With an included 60 second timer, teams need to act out and guess as many words as they can before time runs out! Earn points for each correct word. Swap guessers and keep acting out new words! The team to guess the most words wins!
- FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY: This hilarious party game is fun for kids, parents and grandparents alike! With high-interaction game play, act silly and have a blast while playing Reverse Charades!
- Reverse Charades is a family game that puts a twist on the classic charades game. For 3 or more players. Get in on the act and play Reverse Charades!
- Includes: 300 Cards, 60 Second Timer, 1 Instruction Sheet
Sick and Twisted Charades
- This game is perfect for people above 18 years of age as there are few adult themes in this game.
- Players are divided into teams and they are placed face off in a game of charades which is nothing like the one you’ve grown up playing.
- The team that can guess saucy, obscene, suggestive clues, earns points that help them win the game.
- If a team wants, it can also derail the opponent team by giving them challenging twists which they should be able to complete in order to win the game.
- In the game, there is a soft foam ball that can be thrown to opponents whenever they run out of time to make sure they stop the guessing act.
- Has 1000 different cards which can be acted out and this means that the game can be played for several hours without getting bored.
- There are twisted tiles in the game which offer additional challenges like acting out the word with just one hand or acting out while lying on the floor.