Have you been trying to plan a game night with 5 of your friends who love the idea of gaming? If yes, you must be wondering about the board game options that you have at hand. Well, you needn’t worry anymore as we’re here to help you with 15 of the best board games for 5 players.
List of Great Board Games For 5 Players
To play this game, players not only have to spend the whereabouts of their finances but also make serious offerings to the Sun God to get the best harvest. Every decision involved in the game is a critical one.
- A strategic game for gamers who love outshining each other
- Players have to improve their position by checking out natural disasters
- Players work their way in Egypt to harvest crops and build pyramids
- The game lasts for an hour and this is perfect for a family game night
- Players are always on their toes
This game has rules that are easy and simple to learn but it comes with a twist. The twist is seen by players are who viewing the cards that are available for the game. 7 Wonders is ideal for players who love a fast-paced game that can keep them engaged.
- A fast-paced game that takes half an hour to complete
- Players work towards building cities and designing durable buildings
- Players need to gather resources, form an army and develop business routes
- Each player is restrained in the way they can develop their city
POWER GRID DELUXE
In this game, purchasing power plants is the key to expanding their network and thereby winning the game. Each player lets other players get access to premium equipment with the help of which they can progress in the game. Hence, each move has to be carefully planned.
- 90 minutes of game time can be perfect for long game nights
- Board is double-sided to make things interesting
- It is a standalone game that doesn’t need added packs
- Players compete against each other for power plants and resources
- Customized and durable wooden parts ensure the long-hour game
Players will not only have to constantly communicate with each other to make sure they have the highest chance of survival but they have to be fast. If the players wish to defend their ship from an impending attack, they have to be fast.
- It is a cooperative game for players who believe in helping each other
- By keeping the ship supplied with energy and safeguarding the computer, players may win the fight
- Players try to defeat all potential threats
- A real-time game that is fast-paced and interesting
- Has an intriguing soundtrack that pumps up the players
TICKET TO RIDE
In this game, players have to try their best in building their personal rail route and also interfere with their rivals. Players can earn special points through Destination Tickets and keep ahead of each player. This makes the game a competitive one.
- Has tons of replay value and can be played every day
- Players have to build their routes and also try blocking others
- Players vie with each other to collect train cards and build a rail route
- By connecting the popular cities across the US, the player can claim their own routes
It is by understanding court politics and fighting for land control and being shrewd and smart that the players can win the game. With a blend of markers and cards, this game is not just intriguing but also gorgeous.
- The game comprises 6 expansions to make sure the gameplay is long-lasting
- The game has a high replay value
- Simple and straightforward rules can be followed by players
- Players are set against a medieval Spain background where there are nobles who wish to spread their influence
- Players have to control the maximum area of the board to increase the territory and win
RAILWAYS OF THE WORLD
This game might seem equivalent to the railway route building games but it is different. This particular board game takes place all over the world and players should work strive to create their own empire.
- Gametime may last for about 2 hours
- Includes several maps and variants of the game
- Has high replay value and can be played often
- There are several expansion options to make this a great game
- Players should have bravery and supplies to complete their routes
- Attractive pieces keep players intrigued in the game
Due to the enhanced mission cards in the game, this game allows fast action and doesn’t let the players get bored. Thanks to the army markers and luring art that it is easy to keep track of who is in control of the game.
- The classic war game lets players conquer different parts of the world
- Players can select forming alliances when they know that will heighten the chances of winning
- Simple markers make army tracking easy
- Fast game action is a deal for players who keep waiting for their turn
That sets the game apart from the other board games in the list is not just the gorgeous graphics but also the unique mechanism of battle. This prevents arguing during the gameplay and makes sure the players will love a fast-paced battle.
- Set during the Sengoku era in Japan, the game has interesting graphics
- Each player plays the role of a feudal lord who has control over his armies
- Players have to fight against each other to unite the nation under one rule
- The cube tower mechanism decides the result of the battle.
Unlike the other conquest games, this game has a healthy blend of gods and mythology. Players will be able to improve the chance of building a city by keeping the gods on their side. This way you can conquer other players in the game.
- This is a 90-minute game of conquest and development
- Players should strive to build ships for improving their city, recruiting troops, and protecting themselves
- Includes both Gods and mythological creatures
- Each player plays hard to gain blessings from God on improving the city
- Can be played with few players
KING OF TOKYO
Unlike other games which need players to spend their energy fighting against each other, this is a fun game that gives players a chance to enhance their character. Redesigned monsters, new abilities on cards, and straightforward rules make the game a favorite among families.
- Attractive graphic artwork that appeals to young players
- Players are robots, monsters, and aliens who try to fight with each other
- Better rules make it easier to play
- Includes several figures, boards, cards, and tokens
- Players should know how to spend their turn and win the game
If you’ve been struggling to find games that are not just fun to play but also easy to understand, this is where you should stop. The game has oversized cards that are great to grip and this is the key to make you win the game.
- Ideal for kids who are above 8 years of age
- All players feel involved in the rounds though the game is one-action
- Gorgeous and tempting graphics help you in elevating the game
- Players can take part by choosing cards that match a specific description
- Players can get points by correct answers
SHADOWS OVER CAMELOT
If you can remain in control of Camelot, you’re here to win this game. As the kingdom is under threat and Excalibur vanished, the players should work really hard to defend the entire kingdom, even while fighting against close friends.
- It is a fun game that needs cooperation among each other
- The kingdom is not safe and players should depend on guile, memory, and the right timing
- Based on a board game, the card game is all set in Camelot
- Players should rally their friends for improving their chances of winning the game
IN THE YEAR OF THE DRAGON
Although this game may seem to be pretty easy because the rules are easy but there are few things that can go wrong in the game. Players should depend on the skills of people cards to successfully make it through the 12 rounds of the game and try to retain workers, money, and points.
- This is a strategic game where players act in the form of Chinese rulers
- This game has 12 rounds and includes several problems to face
- Offers longer gameplay of up to 100 minutes is perfect for gamers
- Attacks and disease are issues that players should overcome
BLOCKBUSTER – THE GAME
Even though the store doesn’t exist, this is a party-favorite among most. This game is a straightforward and fast-paced one that will be your go-to choice in terms of board games for get-togethers and adults. And no, you don’t need to know a lot about cinema as this is not a requirement.
- A witty game that needs the players to use their wits
- The game induces a lot of anxiety among the players
- A competitive game where players will try to win as fast as possible
- The theme of the game is awesome